- Fools Gold filmed in Stages 1,3,5,7 & 8 at Village Roadshow Studios.
- The Main tank and the Stage 5 indoor tank were used for some of the underwater scenes. The main tank even had a boat wreck on rocks at one stage.
- Different locations were used including Brisbane City, Lizard Island, Whitehaven Beach, Lizard Island and Brisbane city to create the scenes the production were wanting.
- The Fools Gold production employed over 1,600 crew including extras and cast.
- Main tank was purpose built for Fools Gold and cost 2.3 million to build.